Friday, November 27, 2009

Blog Readers (2 of 23 Things)

I am now officially the proud owner of a blog and a blog reader, or is that, I am now someone who writes blogs and aggregates feeds into a reader? Or no, perhaps it is that although I write blogs myself, it is the reader that aggregates my feeds and blogs so I that I can simply read them in a timely and organized manner?! By Golly, I think I've got it!

I believe I've got, at least, a basic understanding of the first two Things. I've set up my reader, but the real test will be to see if I use it. It makes all kinds of sense - I liken it to my browser tabs. I always open up the same six tabs when I sit down at a computer, one being a page of bookmarks. So everything I think I might need is at my fingertips. With a reader the same is true - but its a more dynamic connection because new "material" is regularly added by way of breaking news, new entries, and comments. This is an excellent organizational tool for librarians, simplifying their to-the-minute information needs.

I'm confused about using labels with the reader. I plan to play around with the available tools to increase its functionality for me. My brain is going fuzzy - so enough cyberspace for one day.
Signing off-

No comments:

Post a Comment