Monday, November 23, 2009

Blogs (1 of 23 Things)

O.K. I've spent the better part of the afternoon, at home, working on my blog. What better way to learn new technology than to jump in and make it work for you. My dual-purpose blog will serve as my professional reading log and my Web 2.0 chronology. I found the blogging experience interesting, but time consuming. I'm sure the more I post to it the better and faster I will get. I played with fonts and colors, images and sizes and labels and when I encountered a problem with too many images in a post my son went in and fooled around with the html coding and got rid of one. Do not expect me to be able to do that!

I chose to make my blog a reading log so that it can travel with me to whatever computer I'm on, thereby making me more efficient at the library. I can't imagine many others wanting to read or comment on my little synopses, so I'm seeing my blog, after the 23 Things, as more of a personal resource. The labels are very handy for categorizing posts however you see fit. Love that!

I can also see blogging useful for group projects or perhaps on-going collaborations for subject bibliographies, for example. I'm told these posts need to stay succinct or they wouldn't be read, so I'm signing off.

1 comment:

  1. Good job! Love hearing that you took time to play with the options.

    And getting help (especially from the younger generation - Sim helps me out!) is perfectly alright. Social media are collaborative.

    ReplyDelete