Sunday, March 14, 2010

TinyURL and YouSendIt (Things 13 and 14 of 23 Things)

TinyURL is easy to use and I can see how it would be indispensable when emailing media files, especially those with unbelievably long addresses. I did find that when customizing the URL for some of my common bookmarks, it fell short because all the logical names have already been taken. All the created links need to be one of a kind to ensure proper navigation. So bookmarking is not really a practical application for this Thing. TinyURL is a clever innovation solving a very irritating, but not insurmountable problem. I actually received a TinyURL file today. I like it!

YouSendIt is another clever innovation. I was trying to send my daughter pictures to use for wedding purposes and although the resolution was fine on our computer, when they were sent the resolution diminished greatly. YouSendIt worked perfectly - even upping the resolution we previously had - is that possible? Maybe there are other ways to remedy this problem, but YouSendIt did the trick. I'm hoping the digitized picture books my son is working on for the FPL can be sent through this Thing, so I don't have to jump drive them.

Both "Things" make working with Web 2.0 easier and more accessible.

No comments:

Post a Comment