Sunday, April 11, 2010

Music Streaming - Pandora (17 of 23 Things)

Another winner! I'd already heard of this Thing, but had never played with it, mainly because I hate headphones, so at work was out, and had never bothered with any other computer music at home besides my Itunes. I had a lot of fun playing with all the C&W artists I like and creating my "Radio Station." This is a great site to learn about what other artists are out there that you might like. I was pleasantly surprised how close Pandora's choices came to matching my taste.

A downside is the limited number of "skips" you get daily/monthly, even if you pay. The free forty hour listening limit may be a little light for some heavy computer users. I can't imagine any of the limits being too low for me. Serious music lovers will probably still buy or borrow their music; Pandora does not give you unlimited access to the singular songs you love, just like the old fashion radio you get whatever they decide to play, but its more closely geared to your taste.

Fun! Fun! Fun Thing!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment