Sunday, January 10, 2010

Twitter (5 of 23 Things)

Okay - so is there any better way to waste one's time? Maybe texting? There are not enough hours in my day to twitter. I suppose if I was tied to a computer 16+ hours a day with no phone or outside contact this mechanism could be useful. To begin with the jargon is foreign - not user- friendly to a newbie. It's even hard to tell who's posting - the twitterer or someone making a twitter comment. The celebrity twitters are littered with ads that are very distracting.

Sorry to be so negative. How could a public library possibly use this Web 2.0 device - maybe something with teens. They are usually in the know on new technologies and seem to embrace any and all changes. Also, maybe for commentary or opinions on a particular subject or virtual book discussion. I'm open to suggestions, but at first glance I'm mystified by all the hype.

No comments:

Post a Comment